Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York
A few weeks ago, we began a new series to usher in our blog's redesign called Wet Paint. In this series, we select an Artiscle artist and then ask them to complete a short personal questionnaire. The last artist we chose was Deanna Lee. Today, we have Vincent Romaniello!
Why We Love Him
Vincent Romaniello's paintings seem to be in motion. Remarkably textured in person, his canvases are populated by colors that flow and ooze across the surface to create contained worlds. Vincent says that he sometimes even lets the paint mix as it will, allowing the organic movement of the medium to form shapes and lines that the human hand could never make.
1. Name/Age: Vincent Romaniello, 58
2. Hometown: Egg Harbor, NJ and Torrington, CT - places where I grew up and my family members still live.
3. Favorite coffee spot: Cafe Grumpy, Brooklyn
4. Current obsession: subway rider footwear, drones, facial recognition software.
5. Dream vacation spot: Morocco. Mountain log cabin next to lake, Anywhere, USA
6. Childhood obsession: robots, JFK assassination, Beatles
7. Favorites art on Artsicle that's not your own: Hard to pick but I like the work and thinking behind the projects of Matt Held and Michael Neff.